Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Get Crafty!

                                                             the quilt i made for lily's bed http://www.prairiechicksquiltingandscrapbooking.mysite.com/   i took a class here
 i used a thin layer of mod podge painted on the canvas so the material wouldn't move (you could use anything tacky)
               then i folded it over and hot glued it, and voila! new art for lily's room that matches her bed
I ran out of hot glue, so I still have to make the 4th one. I really want to do a huge demask print like this for my room. I did this project for next to nothing. I got 4 square canvas for $5 from the dollar store and recovered them with scraps of material I had from making a quilt. The only thing I wish I had glued it on the sides as well, for a smoother look but meh, it works! Anyone can do this!

4 comments:

  1. AH love love! We have some fabric covered canvases in our room. And you made that quilt? Girl you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt!! Love the fabric over canvas idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! it was super fun! and yes chan i did make that quilt! took a class at prairie chicks and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete